All staff are invited to the annual DePaul Faculty & Staff Appreciation Day at Cacciatore Stadium for the best in NCAA fast pitch softball!
Join your colleagues for a sun-filled outing and cheer on your Blue Demons for a late afternoon game against Red Line rival Loyola at 4:00pm. Event registration includes up to two complimentary game tickets, as well as up to two meal vouchers redeemable at the SelectServ concession stand.
Have to work till 5pm? Attend the second half of the game and join us for "extra innings" at Homeslice (cash bar). Bring your ticket stub for a treat, compliments of DePaul Softball. Homeslice is located at 938 W. Webster Ave. (corner of Webster and Bissell), one block south of the stadium. Additional tickets for guests can be purchased at the stadium box office on game day for $5.
DePaul's Weight Watchers meetings have been cancelled. Please visit www.weightwatchers.com to find a meeting near you.
The Adult, Veteran and Commuter Student Affairs office will be hosting the first community event for staff and students who currently have or have had loved ones deployed.
The first event will be Monday, April 22, from 4-5 PM in the Loop, Lewis Center Rm. 1403. See more information here.
Staff Council is collecting supplies for Chicago-area schools. Be on the lookout for boxes marked with the yellow school bus.
Donations will be collected through March 28.
Items needed include:
*White Paper, 3 Hole Punch paper
We thank you for supporting Chicago schools.
Shortly before DePaul closed for the holidays, Staff Council members gathered to gather donated items into care packages for soldiers serving overseas. 40 packages were sent out containing DVDs, toiletries, socks, bandannas and a holiday greeting from DePaul.
See more photos here.
On Sept. 28, Staff Council honored Richard Renfro of DePaul's Family and Community Services with the 2011-2012 Staff Council Diversity Award.
Renfro was nominated by Orson Morrison, the director of Family and Community Services. In his nominating letter, Morrison noted that Renfro deserves the award "due to his dedication, expertise, and unshakeable commitment to promoting diversity among clients, students, staff, faculty, families, schools, and communities."
Rosa Perez, Associate Vice Presiedent for Human Resources, attended teh September Staff Council meeting and answered questions about changes to the university's sick time reporting policies.
1) Why are employees now reporting sick time? Perez noted that this change has occured for three reasons: Becuse it is a best practice, because it helps managers see staff activity and because it makes sure all departments are in compliance with DePaul's leave and attendance policies.
2) Should partial sick days be reported? Perez said that partial sick days are allowed and should be reported.
3) Are there a limit to the amount of sick days one can take?Perez said there are no limits on total days of sick time, but that after three consecutive sick days, staff should contact Liberty and see if they qualify for short term disability leave. After five consecutive sick days, a manager can request a doctor's note, which is sent to HR.
4)Should visits to the doctor be reported as sick time? Sick time is to be used for unplanned illness. If a doctor's appointment is pre-planned, staff should use floating holidays or vacation days.
5) Can sick time be used to care for an ill family member or to care for ill family members? Perez notes that up to five days of sick time can be used to care for an ill family member. She also noted, however, that sick time is not meant to be used for child care. She also noted that DePaul offer's back-up child and dependent care to employees.
6) Is sick time factored into compensation or overtime? No, Perez says that sick time will not be factored into overtime or compensation.
Voice of Staff Submissions
Recent submissions regarding telecommuting, berevement announcements and the HR survey have been addressed. The archives of previous Voice of Staff responses can be viewed on the VOS archives page.
All staff and faculty are invited to participate in the Weight Watchers® At Work Program, offered in partnership by Staff Council, Campus Recreation, and Human Resources. Visit Weight Watchers at Work for additional information.
Interested in serving on a university-wide committee?
Then be sure to fill out our survey to add your name to the list. When a vacancy comes up, we'll match the committee to your interests and may contact you to submit a self-nomination. Submit your information into the secure database here.